Terms & Policy
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement is a contract between you and Tastebuds.sg. By using Tastebuds.sg, you are bound by this Agreement.
- In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- "Customer" shall mean you and all other persons who purchase the products under your Login.
- "Intellectual Property" shall mean all intellectual property rights of whatsoever nature, including (without limitation) patents, designs, present and future trademark or copyright, whether or not registered or registrable by any means, and the right to file an application for registration thereof.
- "Login" shall mean a Customer's online access to Tastebuds.sg under that Customer's registration.
- "Product/Products" shall mean any and all the products for sale by Tastebuds.sg.
- "Tastebuds" shall mean Tastebuds.sg who is the seller of the products by Tastebuds.sg.
- "Tastebuds.sg " shall mean this Internet site or catalogues owned by Tastebuds and the medium by which Products are offered for sale by Tastebuds to the Customer.
- All the Products sold by Tastebuds through this site are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. By submitting your order for processing by Tastebuds.sg, you confirm and affirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions in the form in which they appear at the time your order is submitted for processing.
- These terms and conditions shall prevail over any other document purporting to have a contractual effect including any store policy at Tastebuds retail stores.
- The Customer shall agree to complete the registration process according to requirements by Tastebuds as stated on this site. The Customer shall provide Tastebuds with complete and updated information which shall include (but shall not be limited to) the Customer's legal name, address, telephone and fax numbers (optional) and e-mail address.
- Registration to open only to residents in Singapore aged 18 and above. Tastebuds has the absolute discretion to refuse the registration of a potential customer for any reason whatsoever and to terminate the registration of any of its Customers for any reason whatsoever.
- The Customer will be liable for every order made under his Login and agrees to indemnify Tastebuds for all claims, damages whatsoever made by any third party arising from the actions of a person placing orders for the Products using the Customer's Login. The Customer shall be responsible for updating his registration information.
- The Customer may place his order via our website at : www.tastebuds.sg. The Customer will receive a confirmation of receipt of order via e-mail. For clarification, such confirmation of receipt of orders does not guarantee stock availability.
- Free delivery to one location with purchase of $150 and above in one receipt. Additional delivery charge may apply for any other special arrangement such as special timing, location, etc. Tastebuds shall make every effort to fulfil orders placed by Customers through the Tastebuds.sg , but Tastebuds shall not be liable to any person if Tastebuds shall decline to fulfil an order for whatever reason, or if Tastebuds is unable to supply an order because of an unforeseen change to the Products (as the case may be), or because the Products may be unavailable.
- Access to Tastebuds.sg is gained through use of a personal login ID. The Customer shall ensure that his login ID is kept strictly confidential to prevent unauthorized use. Tastebuds shall use its best endeavors to prevent any unauthorized entry to the Tastebuds.sg internet site. However, Tastebuds shall not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever if any third party gains unauthorized access to the Tastebuds.sg internet site.
- A customer registration form must be completed before an order may be placed with Tastebuds.sg. The Customer warrants that all information and data provided at the point of registration is accurate, complete and up to date. The Customer shall promptly inform Tastebuds.sg if there is a change to this information or data.
- The Customer is responsible for any costs associated with accessing the Tastebuds.sg website and placing an order for goods with Tastebuds.sg, including any Internet provider fees.
- In order to purchase goods from Tastebuds.sg, the customer shall nominate a Delivery Address within the mainland of Singapore (except Sentosa). Tastebuds.sg shall not be obliged to deliver goods to an area outside the mainland of Singapore (except Sentosa).
- Tastebuds shall make every effort to ensure that the prices, details and sizes of Products detailed by Tastebuds.sg are correct but Tastebuds reserves the right to vary the price and other details of the Products without notice.
- The prices advertised by the Tastebuds.sg are applicable at the time you view it. Prices for some Products may not necessarily correspond to the prices at Tastebuds retail stores. The price of certain Products, in particular fresh produce, is subject to daily fluctuation and is offered for guidance only.
- Not all Products sizes will correspond exactly to the description offered on-line. Tastebuds.sg reserves the right to provide the nearest size of Product at the nearest price.
- Goods in your order are charged at the purchase price applicable at the time you submit your order and as shown on the order confirmation, except:
Upon delivery of the goods, Tastebuds.sg shall provide the customer with an invoice specifying the total price for the goods.
In the event of different special offers or promotions being made available to the Customer simultaneously for the same Product, the Customer may elect one such offer or promotion per Product but shall not be entitled to a combination of all such offers or promotions per Product.
If the Customer requests a variation to the order which Tastebuds accepts then the price payable for the order will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the variation and shall be recorded on the final bill presented to the Customer at the time of delivery.
Tastebuds may from time to time set credit limits for individual Customers and Tastebuds reserves the right to limit sales including the right to prohibit sales to re-sellers.
- If a good is out of stock, in which case the customer shall not be charged for that good;
- If the Customer has given instruction to accept a substitute good, in which case the substitute good will be charged at the price at the time the substitute good is scanned for the Customer's order; and
- If the Customer has purchased a good that is priced per kilo, in which case the actual purchase price for the good is calculated by Tastebuds.sg after the good has been weighed.
- A deposit of $75 may be required for every order made with Tastebuds.sg. This payment for Products ordered through Tastebuds.sg can be made with all major credit cards.
- If the Customer's credit card is declined by its financial institution, Tastebuds.sg reserves the right to refuse delivery of Products to its Customers.
- Tastebuds may change at any time the method by which payments for Tastebuds.sg orders may be effected and such changes may be notified to the Customer by e-mail, mail shots or by placing a notice to this effect on the Tastebuds.sg internet site.
PACKAGING AND LABELLING OF GOODS
- Tastebuds.sg aims to include on its website up-to-date pictures of the products sold. At times, the pictures of the Products on the website may differ from the Products actually delivered.
- Tastebuds does not warrant the accuracy of product information contained on the website and strongly recommends the Customer to read the label on the Products carefully before consuming or using them.
- Tastebuds.sg shall use reasonable endeavors to deliver Products of acceptable quality to the delivery address (specified by the Customer on the registration form) within the time frame selected by the Customer but Tastebuds shall not be liable for any delays in its delivery services, if the delay has been due to causes beyond the control of Tastebuds.
- Tastebuds.sg will only effect delivery to mainland Singapore except Sentosa.
- Deliveries to Sentosa are available only on Tuesday and Friday (except public holidays).
- No delivery services shall be available on Sunday & Public Holidays and Delivery slots are subjected to availability.
- Bulk orders (as determined by Tastebuds in its sole discretion) shall be delivered 5 days after such orders. Tastebuds shall not be liable to any person if Tastebuds shall decline to fulfil a BULK order for whatever reason.
- The Customer is to notify Tastebuds immediately of a change to his delivery address and contact number.
- For food hygiene purposes, no deliveries shall be left outside the door. All deliveries shall be received and signed off by the Customer on the delivery invoices.
- Tastebuds.sg shall deliver the Products to you at nominated Delivery Address. Tastebuds.sg will not commit to delivery beyond the Front Door of the Customer's home or office building. Front Door refers to the front door or a point beyond which entry into the interior of the building occurs. If Tastebuds is requested to deliver beyond the Front Door, Tastebuds (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) shall be indemnified and held harmless from any Loss suffered or incurred in connection with the delivery of the Goods beyond the Front Door. 'Loss' means any loss including any liability, cost, expense, claim, proceeding, action, demand or damage.
- If the delivery includes alcoholic drinks or any other items which may not be delivered to a minor, a person of 18 years of age or older with appropriate identification must be present to take delivery of the alcoholic drinks or other items. If in the case of such a delivery, no person of 18 years of age or older is present, delivery shall be attempted at another time and Tastebuds reserves the right to charge the Customer an additional re-delivery fee.
- The Customer shall ensure that a person of a reasonable age who is authorised to receive and pay for the order is present at the specified time of delivery at the Customer's address to receive and pay for the order. If no such person is present, Tastebuds shall attempt to make the delivery at another time but reserves the right to charge the Customer an extra re-delivery fee.
- Tastebuds reserves the right to withhold delivery of the Products to the Customer if it has any doubts whatsoever as to the Customer's credit worthiness or if the Customer does not effect payment upon delivery.
VARIATION / CANCELLATION OF ORDER
- The Customer may vary or cancel the order up to the point in time that Tastebuds has commenced processing the order and the Customer will not incur any cost in doing so.
- Subject to the Customer's consent, Tastebuds may substitute a Product for another similar Product if the initial Product ordered by the Customer is unavailable.
- If there is no prior consent from the customer for a substitution, no substitution shall be made.
- All risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery to the Customer's delivery address but Tastebuds shall retain title in the Products until such time as payment for the Products has been effected.
RETURNS OF PRODUCTS / REFUNDS
- Product pictures provided on this site are provided to help recognise products. Due to packaging redesign and improvements these may not reflect exactly on the pack you receive.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that all descriptions, details and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the information was inputted onto the system, the information appearing on this Website at any time may not reflect the exact position at the moment you place an order.
- Tastebuds shall use its best efforts to ensure that orders are correctly fulfilled. Should there be any discrepancy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the next working day.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, descriptions, representations or advice given as to the fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any conditions, similarity to sample, merchantability or otherwise of the Products supplied, are expressly excluded.
- No agent or representative of Tastebuds is authorized to make any warranties, representations or statements regarding the Products and Tastebuds shall not in any way be bound by any such unauthorized warranties, representations or statements.
- The liability of Tastebuds whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in or non-compliance of the Products or any other breach of Tastebuds obligations hereunder shall not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to the price of the Products.
- Tastebuds shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever nor shall Tastebuds be liable for any damage or loss caused by the Customer's servants, agents, buyers or other persons whatsoever.
- The Customer shall ensure that the Products are not used for any purpose for which they are not suitable and shall be responsible for using all necessary skill and care in handling and using the Products. The Customer expressly acknowledges and agrees that Tastebuds assumes no obligation or liability for any advice or information given with the Products and Tastebuds shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy or misstatement of any such information. The Products shall be accepted by the Customer entirely at the Customer's risk.
- If the Customer's order includes any liquor product the Customer warrants that he/she is not under the age of 18 years and is legally entitled to purchase any liquor product and that he/she is not under the influence of alcohol at the time of placing the order.
- The Customer shall ensure that no person or persons shall use his/her Login to purchase alcohol if that person or persons is below the age of 18.
- Tastebuds and other parties own the trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this site/catalogue and/or in connection with the Products and Customers. On-line visitors are prohibited from using the same without the written permission of Tastebuds or such other parties.
- Visitors shall not do anything to prejudice the rights of Tastebuds.
- If the performance by Tastebuds of its obligations under the Tastebuds.sg is prevented by reason of "force majeure" (which shall include prevention occasioned by fire, casualty, accident, act of God, natural disaster, any law, order, proclamation, regulation, demand or requirement of the government of Singapore or of any of its government agencies, strikes, labour disputes, shortage of labour or lack of skilled labour, shortage or unavailability of products or raw materials, delay in transit or other causes whatsoever (whether similar to the foregoing or not) beyond the reasonable control of Tastebuds), Tastebuds shall be excused from such performance to the extent of such prevention.
VARIATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Tastebuds reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion. Tastebuds may, but does not undertake to, notify the Customer of such changes. It is the Customer's responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions prior to submitting any order and Tastebuds shall have no responsibility to notify the Customer of any changes to the Terms and Conditions prior to the coming into effect of such changes or otherwise.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the Customer and Tastebuds agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- The Customer authorises Tastebuds to collect, retain and use personal information about the Customer for the following purposes:-
- Undertaking any dealings or transactions with the Customer and providing continuous services to the Customer;
- Enforcing of any legal or other rights Tastebuds may have against the Customer in any manner that Tastebuds sees fit;
- Assessing the Customer's credit-worthiness;
- Making such disclosures as may in Tastebuds's opinion be required for any of the above purposes;
- Sending the Customer any advertising and/or promotional material;
- Designing services for Customers;
- Conducting research, such as research which determine which areas are not meeting the needs of the customers of Tastebuds;
- Customising pages for Customers and putting together Customer shopping lists;
- Notifying Customers of special offers or new Products;
- Notifying Customer of up-dates to this site/catalogue;
- Performing statistical and analysis of Customers' behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of this site and providing this information to advertisers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners
- The Customer further authorises Tastebuds to collect personal information about the Customer from the Customer or any other source available to Tastebuds including but not limited to credit referral agencies, the Customer's bank (present and past) and other suppliers or products and services to the Customer and other persons or companies with whom the Customer will have been associated.
- The Customer is aware that in the event that sufficient personal information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to Tastebuds then his/her application for registration to Tastebuds.sg may not be accepted.
- The Customer is aware that any personal information supplied by the Customer will be retained by Tastebuds and will be accessible to employees of Tastebuds and other persons or corporate bodies engaged by Tastebuds for or in relation to any of the purposes listed above, or to third parties and the Customer authorises Tastebuds to disclose all or any part of any personal information provided by the Customer to such third parties.
- The Customer acknowledges that Tastebuds shall retain all personal information supplied by the Customer and unless otherwise notified to Tastebuds may continue to contact the Customer with marketing information even after the Customer's registration is cancelled.
- Tastebuds does not sell, rent or lease its Customer lists to third party.
- Personal data held by Tastebuds relating to its Customers or to visitors to this site will be kept confidential unless Tastebuds has Customer's consent otherwise but Tastebuds may provide this information to third parties including but not limited to Tastebuds advertisers, associated companies or trusted contractors/agents or other network operators who perform certain tasks for Tastebuds in connection with the provision of Tastebuds's services to its Customers and to visitors to this site. All such third parties are prohibited from using Customer's personal data except to provide the requisite services to Tastebuds and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of such data.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to this site, or any part of this site by online Customers and visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to Tastebuds on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. Tastebuds reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufactured and marketing of products and services and to meet Customer needs.
- Tastebuds will disclose Customer's personal data, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:-
- Comply with legal process served on Tastebuds or the site;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Tastebuds; and
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Tastebuds, the Tastebuds internet site or the public.
USERNAME & PASSWORD
- The Customer shall take responsibility for the safe-keeping of his login email ID and his password.
- The Customer is liable if his login email ID and password are used by an unauthorised person. The Customer shall release and indemnify Tastebuds from any liability arising from the unauthorised use of his login email ID or password.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- All reasonable efforts are made by Tastebuds to ensure that any personal data held by Tastebuds and Tastebuds.sg is stored in a secure and safe place and no unauthorised access will be made by Tastebuds to Customer's computer or browser.
- The Tastebuds.sg internet site may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an business partner, the Customer leaves the site of Tastebuds and Tastebuds does not exercise control over any personal data or any other information the Customer gives to any other entity after leaving the site and access to such site or page is at the Customer's own risk for which Tastebuds disclaims all responsibility and liability.
- All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the information provided on this site is correct and up-to-date. However, Tastebuds disclaims all implied and/or express warranties and makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on the site. Tastebuds takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for the content of the site or for anything posted on or linked to it, including without limitation any mistake, error, omission, infringement, defamation, falsehood, or other material or omission that might offend or otherwise give rise to any claim or complaint.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- By accessing and using this Tastebuds.sg internet site, the Customer acknowledges and accepts that the use of the site is at the Customer's own risk. Tastebuds shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage or for damages for lost profits or for loss of revenue arising out of any use of, access to, or inability to use the site. Without limiting the foregoing: THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR IMPLIED TERMS AS TO TITLE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE , PRIVACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TASTEBUDS HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS OF THE SITE. TASTEBUDS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE/CATALOGUE, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, INTERCEPTION OF ONLINE COMMUNICATION, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE PROBLEMS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA OR COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS), THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR ALTERATION OF THE SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOUR, NEGLIGENCE OR, UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE/CATALOGUE, OR ANY UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING OR PUBLICATION OF DATA, TEXT, IMAGES OR OTHER MATERIAL OR INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE SITE.